Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hope dwindles for missing Housatonic River boater

Family members comfort each other Tuesday at the search site near the Housatonic River. Melanie Stengel/Register
 
By Jean Falbo-Sosnovich
Register Correspondent
A two-day search for a missing Woodbridge man, whose boat capsized Monday on the Housatonic River, turned into a recovery operation Tuesday, officials said.
The search was suspended about 4:30 p.m. and will resume Wednesday morning, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. DEEP will return along with the state police dive team, canine units and a side-scan sonar from Fairfield Fire Department, DEEP spokesman Dwayne Gardner said.

Read the full story here.

3 comments:

Dana said...

this is my family...I feel so far away in Arizona...I will see you soon...my love and hugs are with you all.
Dana

Dana said...

this is my family. I feel so far away here in Arizona, but my love and hugs are with you all.
See you soon.
Dana

Dana said...

This is my family....I wish I was there with you, but will see you soon.
Hugs and love to all of you...I miss my Uncle Dick.u

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...