Friday, July 14, 2017

Derby Mayoral Candidate Set to Knock on Doors

DERBY - In regards to Mayor Dugatto opening headquarters...fortunately for me, she and Mr. Dicenso have to spend quite a bit of time over the next couple weeks focusing intently on one another, since they are effectively splitting the Democratic party.
 
Meanwhile, I'm about to start walking door to door to inform the citizens of Derby what I plan to do differently than the current Mayor. I think the failures of this administration have been pretty well documented, and anyone who considers Derby "in good shape" at this point after two terms with Anita and Carmen in charge, must not be paying attention. Most of the people I've spoken to are completely frustrated with the lack of transparency, petty political games, and mostly... the mismanagement of their tax dollars.
 
My team and I have already begun to ramp up our campaign efforts not only in person, but also online. My second fundraiser is coming up in 2 weeks at the CWV, and I look forward to the challenges ahead. I think it's hard for the average citizen to focus on the the municipal elections of November in July, but those who are involved in politics have already been working behind the scenes for months in preparation.
 
Good luck to the Mayor, I'm glad to see she is pushing hard to get re-elected, because that's exactly the kind of effort the people of Derby deserve from their elected officials all the time, not just in the months leading up to an election.
 
(This is a press release from Dziekan's campaign)

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...