Monday, January 14, 2019

Valley Lawmakers Sworn-in for New Term

 

HARTFORD - State Representatives Themis Klarides, Nicole Klarides-Ditria and Senator George Logan took their oath of office on Wednesday, January 9th, commencing the 2019 legislative session.

“The start of the new legislative session offers us all a chance for a clean slate and renewed opportunities to do the hard work and produce the best outcomes for the people of the state of Connecticut. I am optimistic that we can accomplish great things and complete our work on time,’’ House Republican Leader Themis Klarides said.

“It’s an honor representing the 105th district in the General Assembly,” said Rep. Klarides-Ditria. “I am hopeful that the new administration will work collaboratively with Republicans and Democrats this session. We all know the many issues impacting our state and we should all be putting our heads together to find the best possible solutions that will move our state in a better direction.”
 
“I’m excited to begin my second term as state senator.  It is an honor to serve the taxpayers of the 17th Senate District.  Please contact me George.Logan@cga.ct.gov with any questions or comments.  Sign up for my State Capitol email alerts at www.SenatorGeorgeLogan.com and friend me on Facebook.  I am fighting for you, the taxpayers.  I am trying to make Connecticut more affordable, and I want to hear from you.” 


The lawmakers will be entering a “long session”, which will run from January 9th to June 5th. During the long session, the lawmakers are able to propose legislation and will be tasked with framing a two-year state budget.
 
(This is a press release from House Republicans)

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...