Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Son resigns from Derby tax board so father can take seat

By Register Staff
DERBY — James J. Butler today announced that he has resigned from the Board of Apportionment and Taxation, just days after being sworn in to a seat for which his father, James R. Butler, actually ran.
“I have tendered my resignation this morning from the tax board,” James J. Butler said in written statement this morning. “After speaking to my Dad, a mistake was made on the ballot with our middle initials. My father the incumbent was one of the top vote getters last election. Although I would like to think it was me elected, I was not the person running, nor was my face on the campaign brochures it is the right thing to do, resign, so my father can gain the seat he ran and was truly elected for."

Read the full story here.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...