Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ice cream hits the spot any time of year

Last July when I started writing about places to get ice cream in the Valley and beyond, I received e-mails and comments urging me to try Rich Farm Ice Cream Shop in Oxford. 
Everyone raved about the ice cream they make.
 
 
My daughter and I finally went there Wednesday when I had a day off ~ and I must say those who contacted me were absolutely right. 
The ice cream is delicious. And creamy! 
Allegra used her iPhone to get photos for me. 
We ordered pumpkin ice cream. When I was handed the cone I never thought I'd eat all of it. 
But guess what? I did. It looks like the "small cone" was almost a pint, doesn't it? Wow.


I was surprised to learn we could enjoy the ice cream indoors. I didn't know there was a seating area.
Despite the cold a few families with young children came in for ice cream while we were there.


As you can see it was getting dark by the time we left, at around 4:30. I must say that the good thing about going out for ice cream in the cold weather is there are no lines. 
Just walk up to the window and get served!

 

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Was the dog there? When I worked up there they had a beautiful dog that would visit while we were eating. Also, the cows make the experience!

Patti said...

We were inside, didn't see a dog. ;-)

Carletta said...

It does hit the spot any time. The day after Thanksgiving we took the girls to the park and then had ice cream - it was 32 degrees. :)
I'm not sure I could have eaten that cone or cup - generous servings and it looks delicious!
Lovely eating area.

Sylvia K said...

Ah, you can never go wrong with a trip to an ice cream shop and this one looks terrific!! I do love ice cream!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

That looks so good!

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...