Sen. George S. Logan and Senate Republican lawmakers on May 16 released a revised line-by-line
state budget proposal which:
· Closes the deficit without tax increases.
· Increases education funding.
· Preserves funding for services to seniors, the disabled and Connecticut’s most vulnerable residents.
· Lowers taxes for retirees.
· Provides for structural budget reforms, like a state government spending cap and a bonding cap.
“The Senate Republican plan protects taxpayers from being overburdened by new taxes or policies which would result in significant increases to property taxes,” Sen. Logan said. “We protect hospitals from being hit with more taxes. Bottom line: We have a plan to get Connecticut back on a path to sustainability, predictability, stability and economic growth.”
A full summary of the updated “Confident Connecticut” budget is available at www.SenatorGeorgeLogan.com .
Line-by-line budget details are available at www.ctsenaterepublicans.com.
“I urge taxpayers to contact me,” Sen. Logan said. “I am fighting to get Connecticut out of this mess. I am fighting against tax hikes. I am fighting for the property taxpayers of Connecticut, and I will work with Democrats to make this thoughtful, detailed plan a reality. Together, we can turn our state around.”
Logan represents Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby, Hamden, Naugatuck and Woodbridge.
He can be reached at George.Logan@cga.ct.gov and 800-842-1421.
(This is a press release from Logan's office)