Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sharing Thanksgiving week fun in Ansonia


Volunteers at the Greater Valley Salvation Army in Ansonia take a break during Monday's  Thanksgiving food distribution with Lt. Anthony Rivera, third from left, and his wife, Lt. Stephanie Rivera.

Pictured from left are Jassin Santana, Rudy DelValle Jr., Tyrone Capeles, Anna Bachleda, and Donna Ingalls. To the right of Lt. Stephanie Rivera is Calvin Y. Scott.


I'm thankful I was there to cover the event. I met mother and daughter Palma and Michelle Bauer from Oxford who have fallen upon hard times. They have been living with no heat and little food in their home.

I described their plight in the story and the next thing I knew three anonymous angels had come forward to help them.



No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...