Sunday, July 27, 2014

Ice cream shop in Trumbull makes our Sunday sunny

Mud pie ice cream, anyone?

Today my daughter Allegra and I ventured out of the Valley - just a few miles from the Shelton line - to visit Sunny Daes, an ice cream shop in Trumbull.

I have been remiss this summer by not visiting ice cream shops and writing about our taste tests. Looking back it appears I wrote 16 posts about ice cream in 2012, and six more last year.

But as you can see I am trying to redeem myself with this post.


We chose to try Sunny Daes on this muggy afternoon on the recommendation of two friends. Both women told me a year ago to give it a whirl.

And we were not disappointed.

The homemade ice cream was rich. We both decided on Mud Pie, a decadently delicious coffee ice cream with fudge swirled into it. It was full of crushed chocolate cookie bits and walnuts too.

We decided we'll have to make a few return visits to try the homemade frozen yogurt, the soft-serve ice cream and the gelato.  I imagine they are just as good. The store also sells shakes and ice cream cakes.

Sunny Daes has five locations in Fairfield County: two in Fairfield, one in Stamford, one in Westport, and the one we visited at 900 White Plains Road in Trumbull.

The chain doesn't appear to have a website, but you can learn more about it on its Facebook page.


 

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...