Monday, November 14, 2016

Gentile Thanks Supporters

Dear Editor:
I would like to thank all of the good people of the 104th District for their support and confidence in my ability to represent them in Hartford for another term.  In a year where hard-working people were clearly looking for the best person to represent them, I am grateful for their overwhelming certainty in my competence to do so.
Although I was not able to reach as many voters as I would have liked due to a stress fracture in my left foot, I was able to speak to many.  They opened their homes and their hearts to me sharing their personal stories of challenges and struggles.  They pledged their support to me because they trusted me and they trusted my commitment.  In spite of their financial struggles, or maybe because of them, they opened their pocketbooks, contributing to my campaign enabling me to get my positive message out to all voters.  In fact, I raised my necessary campaign donations this election cycle faster and quicker than ever!
I will continue to represent Ansonia and Derby to the best of my ability.  I will work with all of my colleagues as I have always done, on both sides of the aisle.  I will continue to look for opportunities to create efficiencies in local government, while still being able to offer needed services.  I will continue to identify grant funding opportunities to bring home taxpayers’ hard-earned money, allowing local mayors the chance to control local taxes.  I will work with our technical schools and our community colleges to expand and promote good paying advanced manufacturing careers for all those looking to work hard to provide for their families and their futures.  I will look to maintain and support successful programs for businesses, both small and large, that will ensure retention and expansion here in Connecticut.  And, I look forward to working with all of my colleagues to identify programs and opportunities for seniors, veterans and working families, as well as working to realize equal pay for equal work.
I am motivated by this victory mandate to work even harder to improve the quality of life for all of the citizens of Ansonia and Derby.  As I have said previously, you are my family, friends and neighbors and I will always make myself available to you.  I am always willing to listen and learn and you have taught me well.  I will be grateful to you forever. 
Thank you.  
(This is a letter to the editor from Linda Gentile)

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...