Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ice cream 101: part deux

Continuing our trek down Bridgeport Avenue in Shelton my daughter and I stopped Tuesday afternoon at The Ice Cream Shoppe, 59 Bridgeport Ave. We had never visited there before.




I deviated from my usual chocolatey choice and opted for a pistachio cone. Very good, with big pieces of pistachio nut.



Allegra chose a cup of caramel fudge ice cream, topped with crushed Heath bar candy. She devoured it with no problem. We sat out front in the shade and enjoyed.

It was worth skipping lunch in anticipation of the ice-creamy goodness.




The shop also sells soft-serve ice cream and beautiful-looking ice cream cakes.  

We agreed to go back and try a banana split next time.


Full disclosure: the husband of a friend is an owner of the place. I didn’t tell her I’d be visiting, though.

2 comments:

mary said...

Thanks, good to know for those warm summer nights.

Anonymous said...

Since I'm trying to diet, I think I'd sacrifice the crushed candy bar topping for a scoop or two of mocha almond fudge.

Nice work ladies, please continue on your mission.

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...