Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's better to be lucky than good

That expression goes back quite a few years, I'm sure.

But I suppose the Seymour couple who won the $60 million Powerball jackpot June 23 is feeling pretty lucky, and pretty good.

Noel and Fredda Peel picked up their winnings Tuesday at lottery headquarters.
 
Taken in a lump sum, their winning is worth $39,814,000 after taxes.


Wow. I can't even imagine.

Even though I write for a newspaper, I'm not sure if I'd want to be interviewed about such a huge win. Nor would I want my name released or my photo taken!
I'm pretty sure I'd just want to get out of Dodge for awhile.


What would you do with all that money? It would be wonderful to not have to worry about paying bills any more, wouldn't it?

Do you have a favorite charity you would want to help with some of your winnings?

I have a few that would be beneficiaries if I ever was lucky enough to have such largesse.

Congratulations to the Peels. Enjoy!

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...