Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Old-fashioned fun found at Ansonia Harvest Festival

Mary Poppins, a.k.a. Linda Peck of Northfield, Mass. delighted young and old with her animatronic-like poses.









ANSONIA - My husband and I arrived a little late at the Cultural Commission's 10th annual harvest festival Saturday because we had been at the second annual Pounding the Pavement for Pink in Seymour - a cause near to my heart - earlier in the day.

But I made it through the large afternoon crowd on Main Street to meet entertainer Linda Peck, pictured above, since I had interviewed her last month for a story about the festival.


Who knew Mary Poppins could juggle?

We got a kick out of watching students from Seven Star Martial Arts Academy in Ansonia.

 I wish I could have gone inside the inflatable caterpillar or the UFO. They both looked like fun.


The sunny afternoon made for a pleasant stroll.



This 'officer' provided a commanding presence on Upper Main Street.

I'm sorry I didn't take many photos at the festival. I admit I was tired after pounding all that pavement (3.1 miles) for Seymour Pink, Inc.

Live music on two stages, dancing, a scarecrow contest, a pumpkin-carving contest, vintage vehicles, arts and crafts booths and a variety of food vendors filled the venue along Main Street. 

Congratulations to Cultural Commission chair Judy Nicolari and commission members on creating another fun festival. See you next year.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...