Thursday, October 10, 2013

Staycationing in Ansonia, Derby

I haven't been posting here as much as I usually do because, as the title says, I've been staycationing.

I can't say I've gone fishin' because I don't fish.

I have some time off, which is always nice.

I'll be walking Saturday in the fifth annual Griffin 5K walk/run to benefit the Center for Cancer Care at Griffin Hospital in Derby.
I hope my team is ready!

I feel fairly confident since participating Saturday in the Pounding the Pavement for Pink in Seymour as part of the 'Circle of Friends' breast cancer support group team.

It was a great time, and the number of people who turned out to run and walk - 1,500 - was an inspiration. And that doesn't include those on the sidelines cheering and clapping to keep us going.

I'm sure this Saturday's event will be just as much fun!





No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...