Sunday, June 8, 2014

Relay in Shelton fights cancer, raises spirits


SHELTON - On Saturday my husband Ralph and I enjoyed the camaraderie of the Circle of Friends support group during the survivors' luncheon before the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life at the Shelton Riverwalk.



I tried to get a photo when people were chatting - and not chewing.

   And there was cake!

Kudos to members of the committee, emergency personnel, Griffin Hospital Center for Cancer Care staff and all who worked hard to plan the luncheon and opening ceremony, and sponsored events to make the Relay for Life a success.

I'm sure I speak for all survivors when I say thank you for everything. 



Cancer survivors take part in the first lap.

My friend Marilyn brought a lovely parasol to keep the sun off of her while she walked.
Here are two of my favorite people/caregivers participating in the caregivers' lap.



This was just one of the many inspirational signs along the way.


I applaud those hearty souls who stayed there at the field overnight. I'm sure that's a once-in-a-lifetime experience!


No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...