Thursday, March 7, 2013

New restaurant in Derby gets Valley welcome


Derby Mayor Anthony Staffieri, fifth from left, helps owner Tom Andrew Wednesday cut the grand opening ribbon at Marco Pizzeria & Restaurant, 656 New Haven Ave., Derby. Next to Andrew is his wife, Janet.

Tom Andrew, a North Branford resident, also owns Marco Pizzeria in Branford. He is a Seymour native. Celebrating with Staffieri and the Andrews are employees, family, and friends.



My thanks to Sheila O'Malley, Derby's chief administrative officer and economic development director, for sending me this photo. My camera battery died at a most inopportune time.



Fortunately I was able to get this photo off a video I took of restaurant manager Jordan Mann of Branford with owner Janet Allen. They are showing off thin crust pizzas fresh from the oven, which Tom Andrew described as "Wooster Street style."

I wish the Andrews the best of luck at their new location. 

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...