Friday, March 15, 2013

Retired Ansonia teacher recognized

From Ansonia Public Schools' Facebook page:

AMS honored Mary Gibson as an outstanding volunteer at the CAS banquet on Tuesday evening at Aqua Turf. 
Mrs. Gibson has volunteered so much of her time to the students at AMS over the last 5 years since her retirement from teaching. Mrs. Gibson is instrumental with the Human Relations Club and is a key organizer for the AMS Culture Fair in May. 
Pictured from left: Pat Sturges, AMS Secretary, Mary Gibson and Elise Nicolari, AMS Health Teacher.
On a personal note, I've known Mary since my children had her as a teacher in middle school. I'd like to congratulate her today on winning this well-deserved honor.    
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I am so honored to have been recognized for giving of my time to something I so enjoy. I has been and will continue to be my pleasure to volunteer at the Middle School.

Patti said...

Note: The above comment is from Mary Gibson of Ansonia

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...