Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gas leak prompts evacuation of Shelton restaurant

SHELTON >> The gas leak at a restaurant on Howe Avenue has been fixed, according to fire officials.

Fire Chief Fran Jones said the leak was due to a pilot that was left on, and an extensive amount of gas was leaking. The building, located at 500 Howe Ave., was evacuated as a precaution.

Shelton fire crews and Yankee Gas fixed the issue and everyone has been allowed to return to the building.

No comments:

Derby Mayor Raises Money for Griffin Cancer Center

Derby Mayor Richard Dziekan, far left, and Eric Heinig, manager of Archie Moore’s in Derby, center, recently presented Griffin Hospital C...