|Shelton volunteer firefighter Chris Jones points to where he saw an 'orange glow' coming from a window on the first floor of a house on Howe Avenue.|
I didn't want to let the day go by without giving a huge shout out to Shelton volunteer firefighter Chris Jones.
On Wednesday Jones happened to see a fire in a multi-family house on Howe Avenue in Shelton.
Without a second thought he ran to the house and led four residents to safety.
A fifth occupant, who was in the apartment where the fire started, died Thursday morning.
Jones not only showed bravery and quick thinking, he demonstrated for all to see his dedication to the city he calls home.
This is the front of the house at 593 Howe Ave., Shelton as it looked the day after the fire.