Friday, August 24, 2012

Eating ice cream while working makes for a good day

Ice cream 101: The series continues

On Thursday I was invited to yet another ice cream social... this time at the Doyle Senior Center in Ansonia.
I covered the third annual Ice Cream Social and Games Day hosted by the Ansonia High School Human Relations Club.
It looked like everyone had a fun summer afternoon, as did I.  

Both the young and young-at-heart played bocci, Wii games, line danced and chatted before digging into ice cream sundaes, such as the one pictured below.


Another sundae!

























The photo is blurry because I took it while holding the video camera with one hand. Oh the things we go through to get a photo.

Thanks to Human Relations Club advisor Nick Collicelli for inviting me, and for insisting I join in the sundae party.

I've decided to swear off eating ice cream for a few days. But I'll be back next week with more ice cream stories.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...