Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sundae on Wednesday at the Ansonia Riverwalk

Ice Cream 101: The series continues 
 

If you're low on cash, you can always get an inexpensive frozen treat on a hot day at your local McDonald's.

That's what I did yesterday. Daughter Allegra and I were in the mood for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up and we opted for ice cream instead of iced tea or coffee.
We got hot fudge sundaes and went over to the new pavilion at the Ansonia Riverwalk to enjoy them. We put them down on a bench to take the photo.

I checked the McDonald's website to find out how many calories we consumed. The sundaes are small but they pack 330 calories. Many more than I thought.

But we did consume eight grams of protein, and 25 percent of our daily value of calcium so that made me feel better.

I'll be back soon with another ice cream report. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...