Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mixing music and ice cream in downtown Ansonia

Ice Cream 101: The series continues

Soul Funk performs Wednesday in Veterans Park. Photo by Patricia Villers

Whew! At least I wasn't the only one eating ice cream Wednesday night at the second summer concert in Veterans Park.
I noticed lots of people lined up to get ice cream from Country Creamery's Fabulous Traveling Sundae Bus. Naturally I had to partake; anything for a blog post.
My daughter and husband joined me in enjoying sundaes, such as the one below.
I was urged to try Country Creamery at 144 Oxford Road, Oxford, so when I saw the bus I appreciated the convenience. It saved me an almost 18-mile round trip.
 
Photo by Allegra Villers

We also enjoyed listening to Soul Funk, a high-energy, New Haven-based band that got the audience up on their feet, singing and dancing to familiar rock, R&B and Motown tunes, mostly from the 60s and 70s.

The Ansonia Cultural Commission is sponsoring three free concerts in the park this summer. The final one, at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 5, will feature Ansonia resident Mark Lanzieri, who is well known for his renditions of Sinatra tunes.

See you there!

2 comments:

Mary Gibson said...

The ice cream was delicious, the audience was great,and the music had many up and dancing. What a great time.

Judy L. Nicolari said...

The night was beautiful, the music phenomenal, the ice cream just sensational, and what can I say about the dancing!!!!!Priceless!!!
We're gearing up for Mark Lanzieri and his band on Sept. 5th, rain date on the following night. "See You on Main Street"
PS Let's not forget about the community spirit and being together.

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...