Sunday, August 5, 2012

Finding frozen delight in Shelton

Ice cream 101: An occasional series just for fun


SHELTON - Friday afternoon was so hot my son and I opted for some Italian ice instead of ice cream.
Yes, I finally made it to Addeo’s Italian Ice at 97 Center St. in Shelton.

In keeping with the theme I can sum up our visit it one word: delicioso.


A perfect treat to beat the heat

I chose the almond flavor (the white on the right)  and it was wonderful, but not before I took a sample of the cheesecake-flavored ice. It was equally tasty.


Cameron enjoyed a combo cup of blackberry and watermelon. Refreshing was how he described them both. 


We sat outside at one of two tables in front of the shop and enjoyed. There is also indoor seating in air-conditioned comfort.


My colleague Jean Falbo-Sosnovich and I mentioned Addeo's in our recent story about summer fun in the Valley. A Shelton resident she interviewed raved about Addeo's, and I knew that I just had to go there.


For information visit Addeo's Facebook page.  


I urge you to take a trip to downtown Shelton and get an ice. You won’t be disappointed.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...