Thursday, June 21, 2012

The heat's the thing

So, the question is:  What are you doing to beat the heat?

I’m not what you’d call a “summer person.” I currently am hiding in the air conditioning. I was out earlier and it wasn’t pleasant. 

Even though it's only the second day of summer, has the heat gotten to you yet, or have you been able to escape it?

Heading to the beach? Not me. My idea of having fun at the beach revolves around having the temperature cool enough to wear a sweatshirt and jeans.

October is nice.

Splashing in a pool? We don't have one, and don't know anyone who does.

My goal is to stay indoors, drink plenty of water and hope the A/C doesn't quit.



I’ve never actually tried frying an egg on the sidewalk, but I imagine if someone wanted to experiment with the idea today, that egg would get cooked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry - You are Mr. Troy can hang out at the mall together. I am sorry you don't like the heat - I'm told it is going to be a hot summer. :(

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...