Friday, November 9, 2012

Ansonia Girl Scouts warm my heart - again

Cadette Troop 60500 earns award, thanks

A gift to cherish.

Yesterday I wrote about the Troop earning Girl Scouting's Silver Award.

In April I wrote about how I appreciated the thoughtfulness the Girl Scouts showed our breast cancer support group, Circle of Friends.


Last night I attended a Circle of Friends meeting at the Center for Cancer Care at Griffin Hospital in Derby. At the meeting I received this pretty key chain fashioned into a breast cancer awareness symbol - one of more than 200 the girls created.

I'm sure a lot of time went into the beading project, and it is much appreciated.
I will carry it with me in my purse as a reminder of the girls' kindness.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...