Monday, May 28, 2012

Derby-Shelton Memorial Day Parade draws huge crowd

Mattatuck Drum Band from Waterbury performs in Monday's parade.



Students from Derby's Irving and Bradley elementary schools march in a combined band.
 
I almost missed the Jones Family Farms truck as it passed by. The farm employees are marching in yellow T-shirts in front of the truck.

 
A classic Shelton Fire Department truck makes an appearance.

And a classic Shelton police car, a '57 Chevy, rides up Elizabeth Street in Derby.

Register photos by Patricia Villers

I enjoyed the parade, did you?

1 comment:

Wendy Dicarlo said...

I love the Mattatuck Drum band! I thought they were called the fife and drum band so i stand corrected. I was so happy to see them this year!

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...