Sunday, October 14, 2012

Griffin starts cancer survivorship program


Cupcakes add festive air to kickoff reception at Center for Cancer Care. Photo by Patricia Villers

DERBY - My daughter and I attended a reception Thursday held to kick off a free survivorship program at the Center for Cancer Care at Griffin Hospital.

What better time to launch the initiative than during October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month? 

I was among almost 20 breast cancer survivors there who learned about participating in the program.
Griffin will be scheduling workshops on topics such as rehab, pastoral care, nutrition, and exercise.

I'm looking forward to being a part of it, and sharing my experiences with readers here on the blog and in the newspaper.

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...