Wednesday, October 10, 2012

When it rains it does indeed pour

I was unable to post here yesterday because some gremlin playing an early Halloween trick thought it would be funny to take away our Internet, TV, and phone connection.

I wasn't laughingI couldn't file a story, check or send e-mail, check Facebook messages, or post here on the blog.
I felt like the proverbial fish out of water.

I wasn't laughing.

I'm typing this at a friend's house. He had to pick me up, because my car decided to expire yesterday afternoon. I was a half-mile from home and smoke started to come out from under the hood. So I stopped, parked, and jumped out of the vehicle. Fortunately I have AAA service, and so the car was towed.

I wasn't laughing.

Are you sensing a pattern here?

The cable company customer service person said if our service doesn't return, someone would be out between 1 and 3 p.m. today.

But as you might guess, I have plans at 1 p.m. I made an appointment for an interview. My husband is available today to drive me to the interview, but then no one would be home to greet the cable guy.

I'm not laughing. 

And I've yet to call the service station about my poor little car. I really don't want to hear any bad news right now.

I'm not laughing.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Holy k-rap, what a rotten day! I hope that you weren't crying either but I wouldn't have blamed you if you were!

Hope things are looking up now!

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...