Friday, October 12, 2012

Opera house always has something to offer

 Ghosts? Spirits? You be the judge
 
I was lucky enough to visit the historic Sterling Opera House this afternoon for an almost-Halloween story.

Isn't it a remarkable building? It is filled with energy, say those who can feel those sorts of things. I just know that I feel "something" indescribable when I go inside the 19th-century structure on Elizabeth Street in Derby.

The architectural detail is magnificent, even if the ornate railings along the first balcony seen here are not high enough to suit me.
I had to walk in the second row up so as not to feel like I would fall to the floor below. 


After I uploaded this photo on the computer I saw what I can would call a mist in the balcony.
Do you see what I mean? What do you think that could be?

Stay tuned for a story in the paper about the Sterling Opera House...  

No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...