Friday, September 21, 2012

Derby 'mystery photo' solved


Yesterday I posted a photo and asked what a certain Ansonia native was doing. Kinda like a mystery photo!

I'm wondering how many readers knew the picture was of Sherrod McNeill, assistant principal at John G. Prendergast Elementary School in Ansonia.

On Wednesday McNeill was serving up frozen treats at McDonald's on Division Street in Derby as part of a McTeacher's Night fund-raiser.

I thought he looked so happy to be helping the Parent-Teacher Organization raise funds that I had to take his picture.
And he seemed pleased that he was able to make a soft-serve ice cream cone. I don't think I could do that.



Prendergast Principal Joe Apicella, left, seems to be asking McNeill here if he is up to the challenge of working behind the counter. I'd say he was.




No comments:

Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 in Scholarships

    Valley Community Foundation Awards $170,000 from Scholarship Funds to Support Educational Pursuits of Local Students   DERBY, CT (Octobe...